Crock Pot Salisbury Steak
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs, or plain and add 1 tblsp of Italian seasoning
- 2-4 squirts of Worcestershire sauce
- handful of Parsley
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2-1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1 ounce) packet dry au jus mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 package fresh mushrooms,sliced or 2 cans of sliced mushrooms
In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, onion soup mix, bread crumbs, spices and milk using your hands. Shape into 8 patties.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pat down the patties in the flour. I covered them thickly. Place in frying pan until brown on both sides. Place browned patties into the slow cooker stacking alternately like a pyramid.
In a medium bowl, mix together the cream of mushroom soup, au jus mix, and water. Pour over the meat. Cook on the Low setting for 4 or 5 hours, until ground beef is well done.
Make sure to keep an eye on the crock pot. Mine was cooked closer to 3 hours.